Thursday, January 7, 2010

I am making stuffed cabbage from a recipe on line ?

I am making stuffed cabbage from a recipe I found on-line and it says to boil the stuffed cabbage. I am doing that now..it didn't mention if I have to stir it..so my ? is do I stir it or just let it simmer?I am making stuffed cabbage from a recipe on line ?
You boil the cabbage BEFORE you stuff it so it's easy to work with. You don't need to stir it, just let it get a little soft. I am making stuffed cabbage from a recipe on line ?
Usually cabage rolls steam or simmer in a pot without stirring. If you move them around too much they may unroll! I usually put shredded cabbage on the bottom of the pot, then stack the cabbage rolls snuggly on top of that. I then top all of that with tomato sauce and water. Cover, heat to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 2 hours.


Hope that helps!
When I make stuffed cabbage I put the head of lettuce in (bottom first) and let simmer, without stirring.

No comments:

Post a Comment